Saturday, February 27, 2021

Carrier Unlock your old Iphone XS in 3 easy steps

 
Carrier Unlock your old Iphone Xs in 3 easy steps

By: Meric Mara


It was a fine Saturday and I made myself busy by unlocking the carrier of my old Iphone XS. Let me share you this simple hack. Here are the things needed for this experiment:

1. Your IPhone (syempre 😛)
1. IOS version 14.4
2. GPP Chip

Now, let's get our hands dirty.

STEP 1:
First, if you're using an old version of IOS, upgrade it to 14.4. My iphone has 14.2 so I upgraded it to 14.4 by doing this.

    Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
    Tap Download and Install.

Make sure you’re connected to your Wi-Fi and just follow the screen on your IOS until the upgrade is finished.

STEP 2:
Get your GPP chip and insert it into your SIM tray then put it on top of your sim that you want to use. (in my case, it's a SMART SIM). Once this is done, you will be prompted with the menu. Simply select "Edit ICCID". It will automatically assign 20 digits ICCID and just press Send. 




STEP 3:
After clicking the send button for ICCID, it will give you another menu and simply select 3G/4G ICCID Mode.  Then it will prompt you that the setup is Ok! You may now restart your phone.


FINALLY!  It’s now unlocked and ready to use! You may then remove the GPP chip and enjoy using your phone.

Thanks to my new friend, Ryan Toledo,  for providing me the GPP chip and giving me some tips about this activity. Mabuhay!



No comments: