Friday, May 28, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Friday, May 07, 2010
Simply donate a blank CD or CD's and these will in turn be KahelOS Installers that will freely be distributed to Students and Schools to employ their Open Source Labs.
Remember, that a CD that you give is a Cornerstone of Creativity and Innovation.
Every CD that you selflessly share could impel and compel a community of enlightened learners of Information Technology.
A CD that you contribute builds a culture of individuals open to choices, aware and can discern what is better for them.
A CD that you send in combats the deteriorating IT Education in a country like ours.
While others would like to deter and constrain the state and quality of IT Education or some staying selfish with what they know by keeping it to themselves, KahelOS believes that confering valuable IT Education alleviates poverty. For a CD that is collaboratively shared actively and pro-actively confronts ignorance.
This is a recap and reiteration of KahelOS Philosophical manifestation.
- Kahel is against the injudicious measure of software monopoly. Kahel recognizes that a software that is available for ALL is not a profit loss but a credibility gained.
- Kahel is against the misguided rationalization of software piracy. The choice between "free and open source" vs "illegal copies" is not about cost. It is about performance, values and utility. You are what you choose to download or use.
- Kahel is against the misplaced labels in the values of information technology. Kahel believes that there is a Linux OS right for you. In the same way that life and living is all about choices and the choices that you make reflects you.Your choice is dependent on your palate and your need. If Kahel fits your taste, style and requirement, then Kahel is the Linux OS for you.
- Kahel is against the complacent and apathetic effort to make an informed decision. KahelOS recognizes and gives high regard to competence, innovation and sharing what one has learned and found out along the way for the greater good. Kahel may not be the "perfect" fit for you, but you can make it just as perfect as you want it to be...
- KahelOS likes simplicity, lightness and readiness of use for end-users. But it doesn't like spoon feeding.
- KahelOS likes to spark critical thinking and yield towards the needed chan ge.
Email us at Cdbrigade-AT-kahelos-DOT-org and visit us at our website http://www.kahelos.org. Here and on, a multitude of gratitude and ripples of joy to all who may appreciate to join the Brigade.
Monday, May 03, 2010
I wonder how JDV3 got these documents.
Just got the link and still reading and reviewing it too. After reading the certification test report summary (March 8-9,2010) http://www.mediafire.com/?uwqdwdzw2zm... by SysTest Labs i felt disturbed and still looking for answers.
Our COMELEC is not transparent to everyone of us.They still have major things to do especially on the transmission part,modem firmware ,antivirus-security and documentations.What is the COMELEC going to do about this?
May 10 is just a week away.
Saturday, May 01, 2010
KahelOS Installer May 01, 2010
The May One version of KahelOS installer (KahelOS 050110) is dedicated to all the laborers around the world. Downloads are available at http://www.kahelos.org/downloads.php
The first day of May marks the inception of KahelOS and historically it also marks the celebration of the triumps and achievements of labor movements worldwide This day is famously known as the International Workers day.
The origin of our international commemoration dates back in the year 1884, where the Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Unions victoriously got the approval of the eight-hour workday.
In the Philippines, we term it as Labor Day or “Araw ng Paggawa” and was very first celebrated in 1903. Thousands of laborers marched to Malacanang to voice out their grievances for better working conditions and was organized by the Union Obrero Democratica de Filipinas.
Today, everywhere around the world, Labor day will surely be remembered and actively participated in through rallies, demonstrations and even parties to exalt the laborers of the world.
Even before our official release today, the new KahelOS installer has already been reviewed at beginlinux.com http://beginlinux.com/desktop_training/reviews/kahelos-review.
Thank you for taking time and providing significant inputs to make KahelOS work better for those who would like to experience its utility.
The highlight of this installer is the easier and friendlier way to do installation in a just a few steps unlike the first two installer release. Again, All in One CD Installer.
Improvements that you may discover with the new installer:
- Compiz Fusion is enabled by default
- Font cleanup and improvements
- Improved hinting and rendering of fonts
- Massive cleanup of unnecessary packages, saving disk space.
- Massive optimization of PNG/MNG/TIFF/GIF packages.
- New boot splash, background and theme.
- Out-of-the-box easy file-sharing (just by right clicking the folder you wish to share)
- Mabuhay Welcome Center w/ introduction of Kahel OS.
- iBus is now the default alternative input bus
- Include all possible Wifi Firmware by default
Include OpenJDK6 Java Development Kit by default
New Default Applications Installed:
- Pitivi 0.13.4
- Simple-Scan 0.9.9
- Google Gadgets 0.11.2
- Chromium 5.0.
- Chromium supports WOFF (http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/10/woff) and playing HTML5 videos without Flash (http://www.youtube.com/html5).
- Gnome 2.30
- Gnome Color Manager 2.30
- Kernel 2.6.33
- OpenOffice 2.3.0
- Banshee 1.6.0
- Tracker 0.8
- Tomboy notes
- Lights Off
Invaluable gratitude also goes to those who support applications like KahelOS for believing on its Philosophy, noble cause and to imbibe in its initiators, developers, contributors, advocates and users of the responsibility and rationale, in going and doing Linux and Open Source Programs and Projects.
Together, we at KahelOS, celebrates and commemorates May One with all the Laboers of the World.