Friday, June 06, 2008

My NVS and Lotus Foundation

I just finished installing my (3) three NVS environment on my Nitix Version 5.0.0a #0
1. nvs-sles10-2971.pkg; 2. Debian (Sarge) - Versabox 0.2.0 BETA and 3. nvs-1.1-25107.tar. Everythings works okay. I am still deciphering though on how to repackage all of these so that we can include our own rpm-based applications.

* BTW, if someone out there is knowlegeable in LFS, we are looking for a linux developer (certified geeks only- with lots of usable brain cells) who could help us with our ongoing project on linux distribution for our application. For those who may be interested just email mbmara@gmail.com or you may catch us at the Joomla Day on June 14 at UP.



Moving on, yesterday I was able to download a copy of Lotus Foundations-1_0_0. We installed it on my old P3 machines but we are having problem with it (hardware issue) . So we changed the hardware, we got to install it @

Genuine Intel[R] CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz - 1800.442 MHz (GenuineIntel)
VT6102 [Rhine-II] (VIA Technologies, Inc.)
UniChrome Pro IGP (VIA Technologies, Inc.)
ST3160215AS ATA - 156.3 GB

Installation is as easy as 1-2-3, that even a grade three pupil can understand.
(hehehe sounds familiar j/k)

Enhanced user interface is something you will love on this distro.
I just have a little question with the "LOTUS FOUNDATIONS" logo since we are finishing up with this brochure, I'm really confused WITH REGARDS to its OFFICIAL COLOR. I see YELLOW+BLACK=WHITE or BLACK+WHITE. I hope that our friends@IBM will elucidate me on this.

... Going back, MY SAMBA experience after i connect using my ordinary user/account is that i can see all the other folders but can only access my own folder while the rest of the folders is "ACCESS IS DENIED". I just missed my Nitix SMB on which if i access my samba using my ordinary account the only folder that i can access is my own folder and only the root account can view all the folders.

And as to MY EMAIL experience, from qmail to postfix. =) it's very nice. But no webmail. Good thing our team developed our own webmail that we did call "mail8". As for now, this webmail client of ours uses http://www.php.net/imap to access our emails.... HENYO mabuhay ka!

upon more tinkering, my other findings shall follow...

No comments: