Yes. 8layer has sponsored to initiate and produce a live recording and compile the songs to make an album to be released this year. The group De Kada (some members of which are also from 8layer) has been formed just to share a glimpse of our passion. The group started to write a few tunes about anything after work, go to a friend’s house at Roxas to do some raw recording. Until one time, we started to record demos for our own delight and listening. At one point some of our musically inclined friends encouraged us to produce the music on our own and share the same to other people.
For the 8layer Team, leading an IT line of work and profession demands pressure, time, serious and tough thinking most of the times.
And having music (though we take music seriously as well) in our life makes everyday more pleasing, harmonious and gives us a perspective of life being itself a challenge with essence.
BEING. IT, MUSIC, & COLLABORATION & INNOVATION.
Like our values for IT, our music is also founded on collaboration and innovation.
The de’ kada profile and its members:
Dé Kada believes in music and work collaboration. The product of their music is a harmony that blends the intrinsic qualities of each member not a part but as one.
They’d like to be known as Innovative Filipino Music Composers. Coming out with their own Album this Year, “Munting Paraiso”
Their brand is a Fusion of Filipino and World Music Sound with a touch and influence of Blues, Ballad, Jazz, Pop, Reggae and Ska.
Arranger and Keyboardist
- Music Influence: Blues.
- Had been Keyboardist and Session Artist for a lot of Bands like
- Brown Beat All Star; Reggae Mistress ; Badjao Roots; Tropical Depression
Vocalist, Lyricist and Composer
- Music Influence Blues, Jazz and World Music
- Had been in singing groups in her college and high school days
- Had been a member of the group called Patatag in the late 80’s and early part of 90’s and had been a UP Concert Chorus Trainee
Vocalist, Lyricist and Composer
- Erwin, Deng and Ey-ar had been in singing together in the group called Patatag in the late 80’s and early part of 90’s
Manager, Lyricist and Composer
- Meric is the Group’s very promising lyricist and composer; most of the songs in the album are his original compositions which are musically enhanced by the group; His music influence is mainly on broadway musicale and other musicale pieces.
- Btw, he’s an AUTHORITY when it comes to LINUX.
Guitarist, Back-up Vocals
- Shoxz in his early 20’s is a Guitar enthusiast but also plays a lot of musical instruments. A Combo Major and also a midi arranger.
- Sings at KASAL and DEBUT (W/ "CHALK"),CLUB INDIOS, SYNCOPADO, KUBOOZE BAR (W/ "MUZIKAHIJA")
Lazer De Guzman
- Saro is also among the young blood in the group. Has displayed his skills in redhorse musiclaban 2001 (alpha records), jam sessions( BMG records)
Paul B. Reburiano
- The soft spoken bass guitar player has been touring with some bands for the last decade; 1999 renaisance garden legaspi city,200 palance inn hotel bahrain,2001 ritz palace hotel u.a.e 2006 hauf brauhaus jianyin china
- Dindo with his sax will lure you. He has played with bands like Put3Ska; Ding Malazo Orchestra
- Quiet but watch out for Lester. Our trumpet player who have been with the company of brownbeat allstars & angono national symphonic band
- Naldo was able to hone his skills with the following group: angono youth band, angono concert band,
city band, taguig city band, agaw agimat, Ding Malazo orchestra, UP college of music, brownbeat, neighbors pasig
- Jaymer, a musician from Angono, Rizal, took up diploma in music major in percussion in the university of the phil diliman. He became a member of manila youth symphony orchestra and manila symphony orchestra II. He was also a former member of Angono national symphonic band, which was formed by the late maestro lucio san pedro, and the rizal provincial capitol band. Jaymer is one of the founding members of the ska band Neighbors and became a part of the brownbeat all-stars. Jaymer is now a drums teacher at music wizard, angono.
Address: Unit 218 AIC –Burgundy Tower,