Thursday, March 18, 2010

My KahelOS giving me a wrong time and date after installation

Problem:
After installing KahelOS, my PC Time is not sync with my BIOS clock or my OS is giving me a wrong time.

Solution:
1.make sure that HARDWARECLOCK="localtime" is set in your /etc/rc.conf
TIMEZONE="Asia/Manila"

note:for timezone value check /usr/share/zoneinfo/ and choose appropriate timezone for you.
$cd /usr/share/zoneinfo/ (and check all file under this folder)

2.using "date" command you can change your computer date/time
eg. If you want to set your computer date and time to March 18,2010 10:37PM just execute this command.
root ~ #date -s "18 Mar 2010 22:37:00"

3.Then Follow this command below in relation to "adjtime" and "hwclock" and then reboot your system.
root ~ #echo "0.0 0 0.0" > /var/lib/hwclock/adjtime
root ~ #hwclock -r
root ~ #hwclock -w --localtime
root ~ #hwclock -r
root ~ #reboot

Let me know if this works for you too.

No comments: